Saturday, January 19, 2013

All But The Most Important...

Thirty-five boxes, very nearly the sum total of all we had in Japan, have now arrived safely in Honolulu. I will be spending the next I-don't-know-how-long going through them and finding out what made it and what didn't. So everything is here now, with the painful exception of my wife and daughter.

I am mystified by the visa process, how backward it seems. There are income requirements, and yet it seems you're forced to maintain two households (?!). Everything moves at a literal snail's pace and it seems that there is an aversion to computers, or at least to using them effectively and efficiently. There's a giant purgatorial gap between when USCIS is finished and when the NVC gets started. It's all working towards driving me a little crazy. But I suppose instead I should just be ashamed of my naivete.

Anyway, boxes, boxes, boxes...

No comments:

Post a Comment