Tuesday, May 1, 2012

The Blood Solution: Progress Report 8

Approaching Infinity: Book Three
Word Count: 61,800
The Goal: 75,000


That's right, only 1,800 words for the month of April. Couldn't be helped. I just got my computer (shipped from Japan) last Wednesday and now, in the midst of my job search (I sent out like 15 applications and signed up for I don't know how many employment agencies on Friday and Saturday), I have taken up the keyboard once again. Unless I'm overwhelmed by debilitating depression OR I get a kick-ass full-time job that requires my every waking hour, I should be able to make decent progress.

I've also resumed a project I tentatively started some time ago. This one, Expeditionary Squad, is within the world of the Viscain Empire and so may take precedence over The Pauper King, at least for the time being. I wrote 1,500 words between appointments today which isn't bad for a short story. Like Ghost Squad and Blue Squad, I intend to write more than one Ex Squad story. The events in Ex Squad are loosely connected to Ghost Squad, Blue Squad, and The Blood Solution. That's three, count 'em, THREE connections.

Anyway, as far as what I miss about Japan? Exactly what I thought I would: my family and friends. I had an extremely difficult time at the airport, far more difficult than I anticipated. Which makes me stupid. Leaving my wife and daughter for an indeterminate period of time... Sheesh. Faye still didn't understand, which, as I said in my last post, is/was probably for the best. Thank God (or the appropriate developers) for Skype.

No comments:

Post a Comment