Monday, April 16, 2012

My Last Day Living in Japan

April 17th, 2012: One month shy of ten years.

I'm sure there are many things I will miss once I'm gone, but what comes to mind immediately are the friends I've made while here.

More than that, though, I will miss my wife and daughter dearly. They will stay in Japan--only temporarily--while I find a job in Hawaii and establish the means to sponsor my wife's visa.

My wife and I have been talking about this temporary split for some time now, but after getting home yesterday from Faye's first trip to Tokyo Disneyland (and probably my last), the fact that I would be leaving the next day hit us pretty hard. Faye doesn't really understand, which might be for the best, at least until things settle a bit and move forward. I don't think I realized how tough this was going to be...

No comments:

Post a Comment