Monday, September 23, 2013

Tron: Uprising

I've been a fan of Tron since I saw it in the theater as a kid in 1982. Besides the novelty of life and death inside the computer, the look of the environment alone blew me away and sparked my imagination. I was never able to play Tron 2.0, but it was cool enough for me that the franchise still lived. Then Tron: Legacy comes out in 2010 and it's like I'm 10 years old all over again: the music (!), the visuals, the promise of yet another sequel—all to the good!

No third movie yet, but a prequel to the sequel has provided just the right combination of backlit goodness. I'd been putting off watching Tron: Uprising because I didn't want to jinx it or get my hopes up, but so far, I'm really enjoying it. The voice talent and animation (amazing atmosphere!) are excellent. The stories, for the most part, have been good, too. Hard to cram a perfect product into twenty-some odd minutes, but I'm liking it so far. It's a shame that the series wasn't renewed, but maybe that third movie will be forthcoming.

Tron lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment