Monday, July 30, 2012

I Was Wrong...

In a post last December, I mistakenly wrote that stories (via the visual medium of movies and television) were, not always but in general, better told in the '80s than they are now. I want to retract that.

I think it goes without saying that every era has its greats. What it comes down to is that good is good. Some things are lost to obscurity before they can every really catch on, but that doesn't take away from their essential quality. Some things are firmly set in the time that produced them, making them difficult to suffer through at later dates, except maybe as cultural history lessons. Some things are enigmatic in that, logically, they never should have had the popularity they did. Some things just plain shouldn't have been made. I'll leave examples of each of these categories to you, the readers.

In any case, I like to think that I'm big enough to admit when I'm wrong. And I most definitely was.

End of random thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment